Page 1 of 1
Goshen Pass is running, just sayin'
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:15 pm
by bambam
Bullpasture too.
I'm working an hour in the wrong direction these days so Thursday isn't so good for me. Friday would be better. Please, dear rivers, hold.
Odd flow curves on the gauges are as expected as we had a little rain on snow cover followed by a warm afternoon. Planning to look at gauges in the morning.
Ken Dubel
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:44 pm
by Alicia
Do beware of wind on Thursday, if you're lucky enough to go.
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:54 pm
by VAnate
Got two laps in today. The first around noon my best Goshen run yet. The second not so great, swam at Corner and Indian Pool somehow. Hope the water sticks around for you, I'll be out there if it does.
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:57 am
by Wallace
I suppose it's too much to hope for the water to hang on until Saturday?
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:15 am
by JimmyT
I am probably tied up Friday but if it holds till Sat. I may be able to get out.
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:21 am
by Zdog
Im keeping an eye on rain for saturday and boating sunday.
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:34 pm
by VAnate
So the water seems like it is still going to be good tomorrow anybody going to be out? Probably going to run the middle in the am 10ish then try to hook up with some people for a run or two on the pass. Anybody else heading out?
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:27 pm
by swami
so is there a saturday crowd for goshen.
i'd like to play along if so.
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:02 pm
by Alicia
FYI, forecast for late Fri afternoon/early evening is cold rain/sleet, and continuing into the overnight & Sat AM. So, that could affect if it holds til Sat & Sun.
May also affect if I can get off work early tomorrow!
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:03 pm
by bambam
For Friday, I have morning work calls to make but hope to be in the area a little after noon. Nate, I'll look for you if I manage to get there while you're still around.
Alicia and I are planning a run where she gets to weasel out of shuttle, sorta. Meeting at Indian Pool around 3:30 loaded up and ready to roll. We'll probably just run a driver shuttle at the end.
Saturday will likely be lower water than most sensible folks would be willing to run. I, on the other hand, might be up for it. Wait and see on that one?
Sunday would be a good day to run Balcony which has plenty of water. Again, wait and see on that one.
Cheers,
Ken
Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:08 pm
by SwmmrGreg
Wallace wrote:I suppose it's too much to hope for the water to hang on until Saturday?
No Goshen (?beatdown?) for you

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:58 pm
by bambam
Local forecasts are saying the sprinkle of freezing rain should clear out early Saturday morning. The river is getting low but holding fairly well. We'll probably do a run thinking noonish or so, depending on interest.
Will check back in the morning.
Ken
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:40 am
by VAnate
Probably be out there tomorrow. Don't see myself there much earlier than noonish seeing how it's 3:40 now... hope to see you guys out there.
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:37 am
by Shawn
There is a group of us planning on arriving around 2 for a couple low water laps. If anyone is running late for the noon group.
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:32 am
by Big Mike
See yall there