Page 1 of 1

Nov 1st Sunday 1PM Upper James Paddle

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:22 pm
by John
The weather is forecast to be warm and the river is up. Looking to take an Upper James paddle around 1ish today (Saturday). Newbies welcome.

Let me know if anyone wants to join.

-John

EDIT: Read below. Trip changed to Sunday.

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:33 am
by Robbie McGinnis
Hey John
I am working today. How bout tomorrow morning?? I can ask Les if he wants to go too.
Robbie

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:03 am
by John
Robbie-

I'd love to get out again with you and Les. Enjoyed it last time. I'll have to check my schedule, though. Can't commit yet.

I just looked at the forecast and it is for morning rain and clearing in the afternoon, plus the river will be coming up. How would around 1 or 2PM sound to you guys? It would probably work better for me.

Let me know.

-John

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:10 am
by John
Checked the schedule. I probably shouldn't be out past 4ish (gotta meet people at the airport in the late afternoon). So, start around noon or 1 at the latest? How does that sound?

-John

Re:

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:06 am
by M Driscoll
Hi, if you all decide to go on Sunday for sure, I would like to tag along if that is ok. I can help with shuttle too if needed.. have room for 4 boats/butts.

-Mike

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:40 am
by Robbie McGinnis
I am waiting to hear if I have to work again tomorrow, and check with the Chief of Household Operations. Can I let you know later today. I'm game for anytime tomorrow. Just want to paddle.

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:20 pm
by John
Obviously not paddling today, at this point. Sounds like we might have something going for tomorrow. Robbie, let us know what works for you.

Thanks!

-John

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:59 pm
by Robbie McGinnis
John:
Just found out that I do have to work tomorrow, which sucks, am sorry can't make it. I hope you didn't change your plans just for me and I bailed on you. Will try and make it up some how. Sorry again
Robbie

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:46 pm
by Jenny
As long as the weather holds, a few of us are planning to go on the upper tomorrow afternoon -- meeting at Reedy at 1 p.m. All are welcome to join.

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:27 pm
by John
Thanks Jenny. Sounds like you've got the plan. Thanks for the invite. I hope to see you there.

-John

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:36 am
by Jenny
Remember that clause about the weather in my last post? I'm using it. We're staying home and leaving the river to the ducks today.

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:59 am
by John
Alas. It looks like staying home is the best option. Sad.

-John